The Weber Mandolin Pickin' Contest!
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 12 noon.
Enter to win a spankin' new Weber Yellowstone HT Mandolin; with Red Spruce Top, retail valued at $4924.00 Cash, and a side stage slot during the height of the festivities! Check out a description and pictures of the mandolin here.
We'll be accepting a limited number of contestants. Sign up early by emailing email@example.com. Send your proof of ticket purchase in with your registration email, and we will reply with confirmation that you are on the list, or signup at The Fest Store starting at 11 a.m. The contest begins at 12 noon.
1st place : Yellowstone HT Mandolin
2nd place: $150
3rd place: $50
1. The contest is free to enter but all contestants must have a festival ticket prior to registering.
2. Tunes should be no more than about 2 minutes in length and should be traditional old-time style tunes.
3. Contestants are allowed one accompanist on a different instrument. Mandolin contestants cannot be accompanied by another mandolin.
4. Contestants must be signed up (at the fest store) and present at the side stage by 12 noon. and no later to be counted in the contest.
5. Contestants may be called to the stage in any order.
6. Winners will be announced on Saturday afternoon at 3:45 p.m.
7. No Watermelon Park Fest Main Stage performers permitted in contest.
8. Prizes will be awarded to the top three scores. 1st Place Winners agree to play in a Winners Jam Saturday evening at 7 p.m. on the side stage.
9. All contestants agree to hold Watermelon ParkFfest and its affiliates free of liability for any and all damages resulting from participation in the contest.
The contest coordinator has the final say. There will
be no disputes, quarrels, or arguments heard whatsoever.
Have Fun and Good Luck!
11. Contestants may only compete in Mandolin or Guitar, not both, but are welcome to be in the Band Contest.