The $1000 Band Contest.
The band contest is one of the primary ways we check out bands for hiring for future events. Show off for the audience, the judges and the programming committee. And most importantly, join in the fun!
Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 1 P.M.
Enter to win up to $1000 plus a prime time slot on Saturday evening.
We'll be accepting a limited number of contestants, so sign up early by emailing band name, contact name, cell number and email addy, number of members and proof of ticket purchases to email@example.com. Also send your bands web site or facebook if you have one so we can plug you on facebook if we need to. Maximum 20 bands to compete, 1st bands to sign up get on the list.
Or sign up at The Fest Store starting at 11:00 a.m Saturday.
1st place : $1000 plus 15 minute slot Saturday @ 4:45 p.m. $500 paid main stage slot at next years Festival.
2nd place: $400
3rd place: $200
1. All contestants must have a festival ticket prior to registration..
2. Be prepared to play one (could be two songs depending on how may bands sign up) song(s) of no more than 4 minutes in length.
3. No electric instruments permitted. Band will be provided with a single large diaphragm mic, no plug in and no set up time. All bands must be acoustic and must include either banjo, mandolin or fiddle. Bands will be judged on Timing, Taste and Tone.
4. Contestants must be registered and present at the side stage by 12:00 pm to be counted in the contest. Also must be by the main stage at 3:45 p.m. to hear the winners announced. Then bands must be available at 4:45 p.m. to play if they are chosen as winners. Performing band must include all members that competed.
5. Contestants may be called to the stage in any order.
6. Winners will be announced on Saturday afternoon, and must be prepared to play a 10 minute Side (directly next to main stage) Stage set at 4:45pm, with the full band that competed.
7. No Watermelon Park Fest Main Stage performers permitted in contest.
8. Prizes will be awarded to the top three scores. See prize descriptions above.
9. All contestants agree to hold Watermelon Park Fest and its affiliates free of liability for any and all damages resulting from participation in the contest.
10. The contest coordinator has the final say. There will be no disputes, quarrels, or arguments heard whatsoever. Have Fun and Good Luck!.